Day one at Saarang was awesome. Us at MoZ will be following whatever’s happening at the Saarang fest at IIT-Madras for the next few days. You can get live updates on our twitter account @MomentOf_Zen.
Todays events included
- The Western Music Acoustic and Acapella competition in which bands from all over India performed
- The frustratingly hard Buzzer and Travel and Living Quiz
- Prelims for the Debate: We didn’t quite understand the scoring system but it was fun to see people screaming at each other
- German drummer Carola Gray ripping apart her drumkit
- The Western Music Solo Vocal competition which was basically a lot of pretty women singing. And a lot of Adele. #Nice
- Food was pretty good all around,but at a rate which would pinch a students pockets.
- Numerous people embarrassing themselves at the Vespa and Wild Stone stalls in hopes of winning prizes
- Malaysian rock band Bitter Sweet played an amazingly powerful show
- The Light Music competition at Bindass Park
- The Choreo Night with 20+ colleges performing dances for a shitload of prize money
- The crazy, crazy Sunburn Night featuring Shaan and Dualist Inquiry!
Pictures from Day one:
WM Acoustyx performances
So today was fun, tomorrow holds so much promise: Parikrama will be performing as part of the finals for Powerchords. Do not miss them!