Nokia has officially introduced the Nokia E6 business phone in India, listing it for pre-order on its India site. While the earlier MSRP of 345 euros (or roughly Rs. 22,000) had us cringing in apprehension, we are pleasantly surprised and quite pleased that Nokia India decided to be smart, and price the going-to-be-popular E6 at Rs. 17,999, a price that will almost definitely lower as soon as the device hits the streets.
- The Nokia E6 business phone is a Symbian Anna-based QWERTY device that also has a touchscreen(pixel density of 326ppi, far exceeding that of the iPhone 4’s famous Retina Display)
- 8MP camera with dual LED flash and an EDoF sensor (capable of 720p HD recording)
- 265MB of RAM and 1GB of ROM, 8GB of internal storage
- A massive 1,500 mAh battery that promises up to 14 hours of talk time
- For now however, no processor details are known about the device.
Listed for pre-order halfway through June, we can expect the device to be available on retail shelves by the end of the month. Like many of Nokia’s newer high-end devices, you can also purchase the device on 3 equal EMIs